With the AQx training system and the unique properties of water we can supply support when we need to, we can provide assistance when we need to, and we can provide resistance when we need to for the clients that you have. You can use our products and programs in a whole host of different ways throughout a logical progression of rehab, helping your patients increase their strength, flexibility, coordination, endurance, dynamic loading, and power while decreasing the likelihood of incurring injuries. How do you put this together with the types of physical therapy you are already doing? We can show you that…Sign-up for one of our Instructor Training clinics or Contact Us for more information.
AQx Physical Therapy / Hip Mobility Exercises Sample:
Deep Water Exercises:
- Deep Water Running
- For proper technique see AQx deep water running techniques on running training tips page
- Cross-Country Skiing
- In a vertical position, arms straight at sides, legs straight but not locked at knees. Moving only at the hip joint, swing straight legs forward and back as far as possible in a cross-country skiing motion. Arms should also swing in unison with the legs.
- Flutter Kicks
- In a vertical position, point toes and keep legs straight. Moving only at the hip joint, swing legs back and forth in small, quick, kicks.
Shallow Water Exercises:
- Leg Swing – Forward and Backward
- Standing next to a wall with your right side facing the wall, keep right foot on ground while swinging left leg forward and backward, focusing on maximum range of motion at the hip joint while flexing knees and ankles. Repeat with left leg.
- Leg Swing – Side to Side
- Standing facing a wall, keep your right foot on the ground while swinging left leg side to side in front. Focus on maximum range of motion and stability through the core. Repeat with right leg.
- Hip Circles - Forward
- Standing next to a wall with your right side facing the wall, keep right foot on ground. Lift left leg straight forward with knee and ankle flexed until vertical with floor, then swing out to the side and back. Swing leg back underneath you to complete the circle. Repeat with right leg.
- Hip Circles - Backward
- Standing next to a wall with your right side facing the wall, keep right foot on ground. Push left leg straight back as far as possible with knee and ankle flexed, then swing out to the side and forward. Pull leg back underneath you to complete the circle. Repeat with right leg.
Want to learn more? AQx Approved Instructor Program
Training Tips Home