AQx Sports is seeking qualified professionals to join our "Intelligent Training: Just Add WaterTM" Team. Becoming an AQx Approved Instructor allows you to teach our unique connection of land and water-based training and therapy programs to athletes, rehabilitation patients, and the general fitness population.
Here are just a few of the many the benefits to becoming an AQx Approved Instructor:
- Join the world's most innovative and high-level aquatic training team
- Learn a variety of techniques, drills, and exercises that can be enhanced or modified for any population (training, conditioning, general fitness, rehabilitation, injury prevention, etc.)
- Reduced pricing on AQx products & services
- Training session referrals from the vast AQx network for anyone in your geographical area
- Opportunity to use AQx designed training programs
- Your name & contact information listed on the Approved Instructor page
- Option to have your training sessions featured on the AQx Events page
- Option to have your company or organization's logo featured on the Associated Organizations page (coming soon!)
- Official "Approved Instructor" logos to post on your website and other marketing materials
- AEA members receive 6 CECs for the clinic & training
- Athletic Trainers receive 6 CEUs from the BOC for the clinic & training
- Physical Therapists and other professionals can file the training for continuing education credits with their respective associations
- Over $100 of AQx merchandise included in the Approved Instructor program fee
The Training Clinic:
The AQx Approved Instructor Training Clinic consists of a three hour classroom session that covers the principles and applications of the AQx training methods and general aquatic training. The classroom session is complemented by a three hour pool session where you will participate in the AQx program as well as observe and guide others. This training is designed to help you become comfortable with the AQx methods and provide you with the theoretical and practical tools necessary to train others. Visit our AQx Events page to view upcoming clinics or contact us to set up a clinic near you!
In order to be considered as an AQx Approved Instructor you must meet or exceed one or more of the following requirements:
- Have a bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university in an exercise science or health-related field, or equivalent experience
- Be accredited as a general fitness instructor or personal trainer (preferably with some aquatic training & teaching experience)
- Have five or more years experience as a high school level or higher coach
- Or by approval from AQx headquarters
Obtaining "Approved Instructor" Status:
Immediately following your training clinic AQx headquarters will send you the “AQx Water Training Instructor Trainer Exam.” Your exam must be completed and submitted to AQx headquarters within 30 days of your training clinic to be considered for Approved Instructor status. AQx headquarters will review your exam and contact you within 30 days of completion regarding your status as an Approved Instructor. Certification is valid for two years.
The cost of the Approved Instructor Program is $395 per person and includes over $100 worth of AQx merchandise (Aquatic Training Shoes, DVD, Training Manual, Approved Instructor Certificate, & more). We offer a group rate of $50 off per participant when three or more individuals from the same organization attend our clinic as well as other discounts. Approved Instructor recertification costs $50 every two years.
If you are hosting one of our Master Trainers at your facility a standard booking fee and basic expenses (travel, lodging, & meals) may be charged.
Our Master Trainers are available for Instructor Approval clinics throughout the year. We offer pre-scheduled group approval programs (go to our Upcoming Events Page to view availability). If you do not see a date or location that works for you, please contact us and we will work with you to provide a clinic that will best fit your needs.
For more information:
Please contact us by:
Back to top
List of AQx Master Trainers
List of AQx Approved Instructors
Back to AQx Home